- One of the largeset counties in the United States with more than 10 million residents
- ERP system used for county financials and HR data was growing rapidly, at almost 3 terabytes per month
- More than 10 years of aging production data were stored on costly tier 1 storage
- County needed to upgrade its ERP, new version could not support the large legacy data load
- Tier 1 storage costs for legacy data needed to be reduced
- Develop and execute data archiving strategy to move 10 years of legacy ERP data from tier 1 storage to InfoArchive
- Deployed InfoArchive repository to store and retrieve legacy ERP data
- Initially loaded 2 oldest years of ERP data with a plan to load remaining data on annual basis
- Build single sign on and contextual link to ERP to access archive related to record
- Make archived data available for big data/ analytics
Results / ROI
- Dramatically reduced tier 1 storage costs
- Simplified ERP upgrade and improved ERP performance
- Provided data analytics opportunities for county operations
Learn more about data archiving and application decommissioning with InfoArchive.
“Implementing a data archiving strategy using the InfoArchive platform helped the county improve performance of its production ERP system and reduce its tier 1 storage costs.”
— Program Manager
Let's Get Started!
How can we help you? Contact us to get started.
4175 Innovation Drive
Fort Colins, CO 80525